Aurora Wind Feeds
Canadian Distributor of Buckeye® Nutrition
why use equine choice probiotics?
A horse is born with very little bacteria in its intestines. It obtains a variety of these from its dam during nursing and from its environment. A healthy bacteria population...essential to proper digestion...builds in the gastro intestinal tract over time and becomes part of the normal digestive process.
Horses on pasture graze 14 - 18 hours a day, getting constant exercise with minimal stress.
Constant chewing produces natural buffers (bicarbonates)
to neutralize stomach acid, ensuring normal digestion.
The horse's stomach produces gastric acid and pepsin,
necessary for digestion, 24 hours a day; and the stomach
empties in approximately 20 minutes.
Consumes and produces digestive enzymes which promote
healthy gut bacteria.
Maintains consistent gut fill, digestion, hind gut
fermentation and nutrient absorption.
Race, Performance and Show Horses
are stalled, stressed, given severe and/or inconsistent exercise, trailered, fed high grain diets and lowered amounts of hay or pasture, wormed and treated with antibiotics.
In altering a horse's lifestyle we compromise its natural digestive bacteria and process.
Equine Choice probiotics restore and replenish digestive enzymes and bacteria, returning the horse to its healthy digestive process...naturally!
strive for balance and get it!
Equine Choiceprobiotics are a source of live, protected and reproducible yeast cultures, plant digest, live enzymes and healthy bacteria which create and support a balanced and healthy digestive process.
Equine Choiceensures absorption of starches, proteins, minerals and nutrients in the stomach and small intestine. It further ensures consistent PH in the hind gut, the cecum, and large and small colon for fermentation of fibre and roughage ingredients, and re-absorption of water.
It's a complex route, but with Equine Choice a part of your regular feeding management you can be assured...
Healthy Bacteria INCREASES!
Protein Utilization INCREASES!
Starch Utilization INCREASES!
Fibre Digestion INCREASES!
feeding management for the performance horse!
- Use Equine Choice probiotics!
Feed constant supply of high quality hay, pasture and digestible
- Provide constant access to fresh water!
- Feed grains frequently, but in small amounts!
- Minimize rapidly fermentable carbohydrates and starches!
- Feed some high quality fats!
when to use equine choice probiotics?
Use Equine Choice probiotics to improve feed intake, treat digestive upsets and to maintain healthy and balanced levels of digestive bacteria!
It is not a drug and no withdrawal time is necessary!Available in 80gm tubes, 5kg pails & 2kg containers
- During & after antibiotic treatment
- At worming
- During times of loose stools or diarrhea
- During & after treatment of gastro-intestinal ulcers
- To reduce risk of ulcers due to inconsistent PH levels in
fore & hind guts
- Horses with history/prone to colic
- Pre & post weaning of foals
- To encourage dry feed consumption in foals
- Before, during & after shipping
- Pre-race & pre-retention barn
- Pre-show or event & throughout
- When changing rations
- When changing from high starch to high fat diets
- When feeding lesser quality hay (over 35% ADF)
- To promote feed, fibre intake & digestion in senior horses
- When training or fitting horses for races, shows or sales